NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN JANUARY 1-FEBRUARY 15 ONLINE ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS!
WHOA! Please read before nominating a mule for this sale.
In order to nominate a mule, you must first register for an account at the bottom of this page or login to your existing account. If you are a new trainer, you need to activate your account by clicking on the link that was emailed to you upon registering with Premier Mule Sale. Nominating is not an easy process and does take preparation and planning, waiting until the last day of the month does not result in great outcomes.
Please call or email us if you have any questions. MM Auction Services, LLC ~ (877) 725-3636 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Chrome In The Canyon wants to assure that you and your mule are a great fit for our sale as well as our sale is a great fit for you and your mule.
Consignor's Terms and Conditions
- Consignment/Catalog Fees are $400/mule – fee includes your mules stall May 3-6. Starting May 6, buyers take over stall fees. “No Sales” will pay for their stalls starting May 7 @ $50/night. Consignors will also be responsible for $50/night stall fees when arriving before May 4th. Consignment Fees are nonrefundable once mule is accepted. Non-refundable includes but is not limited to a vesicular stomatitis quarantine or country pandemic that would keep the sale from taking place.
- Commission Fees are 8% of sale price or $750 whichever is greater.
- No Sale/Pass Out Fees are $750.
- Nominations Open January 1 – February 15, Online Only!
Anyone can nominate their mule in hopes to sell at Premier Mule Sale. Submission of nomination does not guarantee selection. All criteria must be met prior to your mule being nominated. More than 1 mule may be nominated. Nominations will be accepted January 1-February 15 online only, no exceptions. Quality over Quantity!
- “TOP” scoring mules will sell at our Premier Mule Sale. Our Committee will be using our consignment rubric to score each and every mule and consignor. The better you & your mule score, the better of a chance you have to get a spot in the sale. All consignors will be notified by email or phone call no later than March 1 whether or not their mules are accepted. Some consignors may nominate 5 mules and only 1 will get accepted. You as the consignor can reject your 1 accepted position and we will offer it to the next highest scorer in line.
- Consignment Rubric (click to view)
- Follow Precisely – the higher you & your mule score, the better your chances are to sell at sale.
- 10 scoring areas: +3 “Superior” is what you should shoot for in each area. We will accept a variety of
breeds/performances of mules and these will be taken into consideration when scoring.
- Consignor Status, Loyalty, Pedigree, Age, Ownership, Photos, Conformation, Disposition, Performance & Riding Ability, Description – Consignor consents to list any cosmetic blemishes that do not affect the mule’s soundness (scars, chewed tail, cinch sores, bumps, etc. ) in the description of the mule. +3 “Superior” is the score to shoot for in each category.
- Our job is to ensure each mule is a good fit for our sale and buyers as well as our sale is a good fit for all horses and consignors alike.
- Attachments to include:
- Professional photos only – minimum of 2 still photos -We cannot market your animal without great photos and videos. Help us help you! Please make sure they are 1MB – 2MB in size and the mule is not cropped in the photo too much. Photos that are too cropped do not look good when we use them for marketing especially in videos. Find a happy medium. The better the photos are the more we can use them in magazines and online marketing.
- Video by URL – Required by new consignors only. Past consignors will receive a score from their average of past scores. Past consignors can increase their score by submitting new videos. Video URL can be submitted by YouTube/google drive/facebook link, 2-3 minutes long only, nonprofessional for now, will not be shown to the public. Show riding and performance ability as well as gentleness and temperament.
- Copy of registration (scanned)
- Copy of change of ownership inspection (Bill of Sale – B form – purchase form – change of ownership – lifetime – proof of purchase date provided by
- Sale Exam
- Trainers are required to provide a sale soundness exam completed by a licensed veterinarian no less than 2 weeks prior to sale day to our office via email.
- X-rays – A vet will be on site for all Buyers imaging needs. Buyers understand that if they want any images of mules, they will schedule with the vet and trainer to have those done ahead of sale day at buyer’s expense.
- As provided in the Standard Conditions of Sale contained in the Sales Catalogue and on our website, each Lot purchased is purchased, at the fall of the hammer, with all defects and deficiencies, latent and patent, subject to the exceptions set out in the said Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, or, announced prior to the auction of a Lot. The Buyer acknowledges that it is his sole responsibility to determine the quality, accuracy and completeness of the Pre-purchase Exam and to obtain independent advice with respect thereto from a registered veterinarian.
- Consignment Fees: When your mule makes the sale, we will email you an invoice that will be payable by e-check only. Know your routing number and account number to be able to pay the $400 consignment fee. These fees need to be paid within 24 hours. Any fees not paid, will forfeit their spot in the sale and given to the next mule in line. We will not market or display your mules until this is paid.
- Registration Papers: When your mule makes the sale, original Registration Papers need to be mailed to the office immediately. Transfer papers must be signed fully including address and accompany the registration papers in order to call the mule registered. Please make sure to send them “signature required” so you know we received them.
Mail original registration papers and signed transfers to:
MM Auction Services, LLC
15 Joslen DR
Powell, WY 82435
- Non-accepted Nominations: Mules that don’t make the cut will receive an email/phone call as well no later than March 1st.
- Stall Fees & Requirements: Stalls are included in consignment fees, Thursday – Saturday. “No Sold” mules will need to pay for a stall the night of the sale and any time after if they plan on staying @ a $50/night fee. Mules arriving before Thursday will be responsible for $50/night stall fee as well. Following the sale all consignors are required to feed & water sold mules. Out of courtesy to both the mule and the buyer leave a water bucket in your stall. MM Auction Services crew will check all sale mules Saturday night & take over care Sunday morning.
- Hotel Reservations:Bryce Canyon Inn is our host hotel and a fabulous place to stay. Make reservations ASAP! You can camp in your trailer or tent at Bryce Canyon Mule Days. Make sure to purchase a dry camping spot ASAP!
- Preview: Consignor agrees to have mule(s) in all events including but not limited to: sifting process, meet & greet, preview, and sale. Every event will run in lot # order. Be ready when it’s your turn. If your turn is missed, you will be moved to the bottom. If you are not there to preview at the end, your mule will be sifted from the sale. MM Auction Services is there to put on a quality mule sale and our buyers expect to be #1 on the list. If you can’t put this sale and our buyers #1 on the list, please don’t consign a mule.
- Sifting Process Includes:
- (Arena Work) Catch, saddle, pickup all 4-feet easily, bridle, and ride off with tight cinch – no problem and lope away.
- Minor abrasions, cuts, or sores may be sifted unless it is likely to heal normally without veterinarian treatment and cause no long-term threat.
- Buyers understand that if they want x-rays of mules, they will have those done ahead of sale day at buyer’s expense. Buyers are encouraged to get a PPE prior to sale.
- Consignor understands that if their mule doesn’t pass all stages of Premier Mule Sale’s sifting process, they will be pulled from the sale and consignment fee is forfeited. If we decide they’re out, they are OUT! Bring your BEST!
- Transport: (Coming to the Premier Mule Sale):
- All mules must have a negative coggins test current within six months of sale date in consignors name.
- All mules coming from a brand state & out of Garfield County must have a current or lifetime Brand Inspection.
- All out of state mules must have current Health Papers within 30 days to enter sale premises.
- Healths-MUST state the following: the animals listed on the CVI have not originated from a premises or an area under quarantine for vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV) or a premises on which vesicular stomatitis virus has been diagnosed in the last 30 days, or are within 10 miles of such premises; and the animals in the shipment have no signs of vesicular stomatitis viral disease.
- Private Sales: Absolutely no private sales in the yards before or after the auction. All mules brought to the sale must be consigned and go through our auction ring. Any mules “no sold” in the ring but sold outside are expected to report it to the office. We will leave it up to the integrity of the seller to make sure this happens so the seller will be welcome back to the sale.
- Auction Fees and Commission: The consignment/catalog fee per mule is $400. This fee will be non-refundable once mule is accepted. An 8% commission or a minimum of $750 will be charged on all mules sold. There will be a no-sale fee on mules of $750 in addition to the catalog fee. If a mule is pulled from the sale (scratched) there will be a no-sale fee of $750 in addition to the catalog fee. In order to waive the $750 scratched fee and retrieve registration papers, owner must provide MM Auction Services with a vet release explaining why the mule cannot sell at sale along with photos of injury or sickness. Animals that are rejected by the buyer because they are misrepresented at any time by the consignor will be charged 8% or $750 whichever is greater, same as if sold. It’s up to the consignor to pay the buyer purchase price minus all our fees. All mules will be charged a $20 brand inspection fee by state law when sold. Consignor will also be charged $20 for a new halter and lead rope to be given to the new owner at the time of sale. These charges will be deducted from your consignments gross sale.
- Consignor’s Guarantee: Consignor consents to list any cosmetic blemishes that do not affect the mule’s soundness (scars, chewed tail, cinch sores, bumps, etc. ) in the description of the mule. All mules consigned have passed our sifting process prior to the sale. All mules are sold guaranteed sound by the consignor that at the time of sale the mule was sound of limb, wind, and eye unless other announcements are made from the auction block. This soundness guarantee is between buyer and seller only and does not include any other persons. All soundness guarantees do not include any time following the sale including transportation. Buyers are encouraged to purchase “drop of hammer” equine insurance to protect their investments. Shall any soundness disputes arise; the buyer must contact the seller and settle the dispute between the two of them. In the event it is determined that the defect was present at the time of sale, the consignor is required to trade the buyers a mule of same value or pay them back purchase price minus auction fees. If the mule is determined not to have the alleged defect, the sale of said mule is valid and enforceable and purchaser assumes all costs of examination, treatment, and sale purchase price. Soundness does not guarantee pass of a check by any vet or trainer following the sale. Buyers are to ride and visit the mule before the sale giving them confidence they need to bid come sale day. If they want additional x-rays, they need to have them completed before the sale at their own expense. The consignor of each animal represents and warrants to the buyer, Premier Mule Sale, MM Auction Services LLC to include but not limited to the following:
- Title of the animal, free from all claims of ownership
- Sound of limb, eyes, and wind
- Not a cribber or wind sucker
- Not cryptorchid
- Be exactly what they represent them to be.
- If said mule is not what the consignor represents it to be, Consignor will be expected to take the mule back and give the buyers a mule that they claimed to have purchased or the consignor can refund the buyers money minus auction fees. A decision will be made based on what is best for both parties. Whether the buyer did their homework or not, will also be taken into consideration.
- By Consignment to Premier Mule Sale, Consignor grants MM Auction Services the EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO SELL the consignment subject to the above provisions and agrees to all terms and conditions.
- Premier Mule Sale does NOT allow substitutions or replacements once a mule has been consigned and entered online.
- Consignor agrees to not privately sell the consigned mule. To withdraw your original consigned mule from Premier Mule Sale, it must be injured or sick and must have a vet release and submit injury/sick video or photos to waive the no sale/no show fee & retrieve registration papers.
- Consignor’s Checks: All consignors’ checks will be written within 2 days of sale date and made payable to owner listed then mailed. We do not guarantee delivery when we ship checks using USPS. Please be patient when waiting for your check to arrive. Consignor can request to have their check balance wired to them minus $100 cancel payment on check fee & $100 wire transfer fee. Consignors final balance will be wired minus $200 total in fees then the consignor is required to void the original check and mail back to MM Auction Services for our records which are required by law.
- Liability: Buyers, sellers, and spectators are cautioned to exercise care while attending the sale and enter premises at their own risk according to the laws of the State of Utah. Neither the owners nor any other persons connected with this sale assume any liability, legal or otherwise, for accidents to persons or property, before, during, or after the sale. Colby & Codi Gines, Premier Mule Sale Committee, MM Auction Services, LLC; its principals, directors, officers, agents, employees and volunteers, and each and every landowner, municipal and/or government agency upon whose property this activity is conducted, shall not be liable for injuries sustained by anyone attending the Premier Mule Sale. MM Auction Services, LLC & its associates act as agents only and are not responsible for buyer/seller error or misunderstanding. All guarantees are strictly between the buyer and seller. All animals are sold “As Is”. In further consideration of this consignment, I agree to indemnify and defend Premier Mule Sale, MM Auction Services, LLC, Colby & Codi Gines, their agents and associates, from all injury, loss of equipment, loss of animal or damages to myself, my animals or damages or injury to others lien property from my animals, by entering this mule sale. If any claim or dispute is asserted or arises over the sale or consignment of any lot or animal sold at auction, it is agreed that venue for any dispute shall be resolved exclusively in the Courts in the State of Wyoming, and that Wyoming law shall control this transaction or any claims or disputes which arise directly or indirectly out of this transaction in all respects. I verify that all photos submitted to Premier Mule Sale, MM Auction Services LLC, have full permission to be used for advertising and are free and clear from all photography copyright laws. The undersigned by executing this instrument delivers said property to MM Auction Services, LLC and declares themselves owner or legal agent and authorizes the sale thereof at public auction for his/her account according to its usual custom and represents the consignment is clear of all encumbrances unless listed above and may be legally sold. I verify that I have read the above information in full and hereby agree to be bound by them.